Directions to USA Hostels San Francisco from the Airports
Via Public Transport
- From San Francisco International Airport – catch the tram in the arrivals area which will take you to the BART stop. Take BART to Powell Street station. ($9.65)
- From Oakland International Airport – take the AirBART bus to Coliseum BART station ($3, exact change required.) Take a BART train to Powell Street station. ($10.20)
- At Powell Street, exit station and take escalator to street level. At the top of the escalator you will see the cable car turn around. Turn left and walk up Powell Street to Post Street. Turn left onto Post and walk three blocks to Jones Street. The hostel will be on your left after you cross Jones.
- If you’ve got lots of bags or just too tired to use public transport you can take a shuttle to our hostel.
- From SFO – exit from the baggage claim and cross the walkway. Look for the shuttle signs. Hop on with Airport Express. While they regularly transport our guests, just remind them that USA Hostels San Francisco is at the corner of Post and Jones. The cost is $19 per person plus tip (usually $1-$2 depending on how many bags you have)
- The Greyhound station is at Folsom Street and Main Street. Walk north on Main Street until you get to Market Street. Turn left onto Market Street. Take a slight right onto Post Street. Stay on Post Street for approximately 6 blocks. USA Hostels is on the left hand side, between Jones Street and Leavenworth Street. The hostel’s address is 711 Post Street. Look for the red canopy.
- From the Amtrak drop-off at San Francisco Shopping Center, cross Market Street and head towards the cable car turn around. Walk up Powell Street (follow the cable car tracks) to Post Street and turn left onto Post. Walk three blocks to Jones Street. The hostel will be on the left-hand side of Post Street after you cross Jones.
COMING FROM HOLLYWOOD?
- Get here cheap and easy with Megabus. Take it from Los Angeles’ Union station to the San Fran Caltrain Station and then it’s just a short 15 min ride on the #45 bus to Mason and Geary. Head west on Geary for 2 blocks, turn right onto Jones, go one block and left onto Post. You’ll see our awning just one building in. (the door to door shuttle is temporary suspended)
- Parking can usually be found on the street, or there is a parking garage located just 2 blocks away from the hostel that charges $28 per night for all vehicles. The garage is called Best Parking and is located at 525 Jones, between Geary St and O’Farrell St. When you arrive, please ask for a discount coupon to get the USA Hostels guest rate. Street parking is free between 6pm and 7am and all day on Sundays.
*New Years Eve Rates*
- will increase to $50 for the night and $60 for oversized vehicles. They also will not allow ins and outs for that night.
- If you would like to find street parking then we recommend you try using the Parker by Streetline, Inc. app available for both IPhone and Android. This parking app is designed to help you find available parking spaces and lots. Best Parking is another good app for this.
Forecast for Today: January 18, 2020