Directions to San Diego USA Hostels from The Airport
- You can get to the hostel easily by bus, shuttle or taxi. There is a bus stop outside each terminal where you can catch bus #992 Downtown ($2.25, exact change required.) Get off bus at 5th Avenue and Broadway. Walk south (to your right) on 5th for two and a half blocks. The San Diego hostel will be on your right at 726 5th Avenue. You will see a row of international flags hanging from the second story of our building and we have a purple door. We are located above the Asti and Panevino Restaurants, and our door is between their patios.
Via Door-to-Door Shuttle
- You could also take the Xpress Shuttle, which will be outside the terminal and across the road. Follow signs for ‘Ground Transportation.’ Cost is $11 for one person, $16 for two, $21 for three, etc. you can call them toll-free at 1-800-900-7433 if there is not a shuttle waiting outside the terminal. Taxis wait in the same area as the shuttles and will cost approximately $15.
- Exit the station and head north toward 13th St. Make a left at the first cross street onto Imperial St. Turn right onto Park Blvd. Make a left onto 10th Ave, then a left onto J St. Follow J to 5th Ave. Make a right onto 5th and follow this until you reach #726 on left side of the street. You will see a row of international flags hanging from the second story of our building and we have a purple door. We are located above the Asti and Panevino Restaurants, and our door is between their patios. About a 15 minute walk.
- Exit station onto Kettner Boulevard and turn right. Walk half a block to Broadway and turn left. It will take you about 10 minutes to walk to 5th Avenue. Turn right onto 5th Avenue and the hostel will be several blocks down on the right. Look for the international flags and the orange awning with the address 726 5th Avenue on it. If you don’t feel like walking, cross Broadway and catch one of the many buses that stop at Kettner and Broadway for $2.25 (exact change required). Ask driver if the bus goes to 5th Avenue before paying, most do. Get off bus at 5th and walk down the street to 726 5th Avenue. You will see a row of international flags hanging from the second story of our building and we have a purple door. We are located above the Asti and Panevino Restaurants, and our door is between their patios.
From Las Vegas:
- Take highway 15 South to highway 8 West (sign will say “Beaches”). Take highway 8 West to US-163 South. 163 becomes 10th Avenue. Follow 10th to Market Street and turn right onto Market. Take Market to 5th Avenue, turn right onto 5th. Hostel will be on your left at 726 5th Avenue.
From Los Angeles:
- Take highway 5 South to the Front Street exit. Take Front Street to G Street and turn left onto G. Continue to 5th Avenue, turn left onto 5th, hostel will be three doors in on your left at 726 5th Avenue.
- Take highway 5 North to J Street exit. Bear left at 19th Street, then turn left onto Market Street. Take Market to 5th Avenue and turn right onto 5th. Hostel will be on your left at 726 5th Avenue.
- For directions from another location, please visit Google Maps.
- There is no free parking in downtown San Diego during the day. The cheapest location is called Park It on Market at 6th Avenue and Market Street which charges about $15 overnight. There is metered parking downtown that is free from 8 pm to 8 am (but check signs for any changes or restrictions). To find completely free parking you would need to look for street parking about 10 blocks away from the hostel.
Forecast for Today: November 16, 2019