Local Info - Hollywood
We thought these links might be useful in planning your trip to visit us in Hollywood!
General USA Hostel Links
- Weather Forecast - Sunny? Again? Remember your sun block!
- Los Angeles Downtown News - Information on Los Angeles neighborhoods, when to visit, what to see.
- LA Weekly - Check out whatís going on in Los Angeles this week.
- Downtown Los Angeles Walking Tour - A walking tour provided by the University of Southern California Department of Geography.
- Discover Los Angeles -
The Official Visitors Site for Los Angeles
- Griffith Observatory - Recently completed renovations of this Los Angeles icon make a trip to the observatory a must. You must make a reservation to visit, which you can do on their website.
- Magic Mountain - Some of the best (and scariest!) roller coasters in the world. We have tickets and transportation to this park for only $45! That's $15 off the regular admission price!)
- Universal Studios - Buy your discounted admissions ticket at reception then hop on the subway. The park is just one stop away!
- Disneyland - The happiest place on earth? Well, maybe after USA Hostels Hollywood!
- City Walk Hollywood - Just outside of Universal Studios Theme Park, the City Walk has restaurants, bars, shops, a skydiving wind tunnel and a movie theater, of course! A ready-made evening out and only one subway stop from the hostel.
- Warner Bros Studio Tour - Get a great behind the scenes tour of this working studio. They take you on the sets of current shows and past movie blockbusters. What out for Jaws!
- J. Paul Getty Museum - Located on top of a hill, this museum is worth the visit just for the great views. Nice outdoor spaces, changing collections and good restaurants. And FREE admission.
- La Brea Tar Pits - Real bubbling tar pits! The Page Museum adjacent to the tar pits (even bubbling in parts of the parking lot) shows you all the ancient creatures that were found in the tar pits. Worth taking the docent tour to get the full story.
- 10 Things to Do in LA - One author's perspective on what to see and do in LA. Has some great suggestions.
- Hollywood Nightclubs - A list of some of the nightclubs in our area.
- Public Transport - Los Angeles has a vast public transit system. Their site will help you find the best bus and subway routes to get from point A to point B.
- Super Cheap Car Rental - Get around LA the way the locals do, in a car, of course. This provider rents to travelers under 25 years of age unlike many of the larger companies.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car - One of the larger companies. Great customer service and weekend special rates.
- Avis - Nation-wide rental company with locations all over the greater LA area.
- Hertz - Another large chain, with tons of options and locations.