San Francisco is the best. Seriously. Here’s 29 reasons why we love it.
1. LET’S START BY THE OBVIOUS: IT’S GORGEOUS
2. THE LOCALS ARE PROUD PEOPLE
Proud To Be From The City
3. IT HAS IMPROMPTU DANCE PARTY AT BART STATIONS
Typical Wednesday Night
4. AND RANDOM BOOMBOX PARTY AS WELL
Boombox Party – Photo by Turgut Karabağlı
5. IT’S COLORFUL
We mentioned it was gorgeous, right?
6. IT LIKES MEMES
Bart Cat! – Found on Imgur
7. BARS WANT YOU TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE
From Chambers, a trendy spot near USA Hostels
8. IT’S GOT GIANT SLIDES HIDDEN AWAY
Seward Street Slides in The Castro
9. ITS BELOVED TRANSIT SYSTEM, MUNI, IS PATRIOTIC
Muni Love For The 49ers
10. IT ALSO WANTS EVERYONE TO HAVE THE SAME RIGHTS
Muni being supportive
11. THIS VIEW, EARLY IN THE MORNING
Beautiful Bay Bridge
12. QUIRKY EVENTS HAPPEN ON THE DAILY
♫♫♫ Tell me more, Tell me more, Was it love at first sight? ♫♫♫
Why dress as Santa and go pub crawling all day? Because, why not.
Alone on February 14th? Perfect! Head to the pillow fight!
13. SOME OF ITS RESIDENTS ARE REAL CHRISTMAS ENTHUSIASTS
Tom and Jerry Christmas Tree House – Photo by Peretz Partensky
14. THE TILTED HOUSES
We love them..
15. SEEING THIS KIND OF LINE IS NORMAL
Because Tartine Bakery is so worth it! – Photo by Turgut Karabağlı
16. LOVE IS EVERYWHERE
Stairs are the perfect canvas for showing love
We did say everywhere, right?
17. EVEN BUILDINGS ARE HAPPY
“Look out the windows…”
You should always smile back at happy inanimate objects
18. THIS CAR
With San Francisco attractions painted all over – Photo by Turgut Karabağlı
19. THE FOG
Looking at the fog rolling in never gets old
20. DID WE MENTION THE FOG
We agree, this looks insane, but it’s kind of charming at the same time
21. ITS RANDOMNESS
Alien on the ferry to SF – Photo found on Imgur
Can you hear something?
Need a cart?
Reverse graffiti, done by cleaning the dirt of a surface
This is a fact
That is good to know
23. THESE STAIRS
The mosaic stairs to Grand View Park – Photo by Marc Smith
24. THE FACT THAT ANY REASON IS GOOD TO DRESS UP
Bay to Breakers – Photo by Kevin Edwards
Easter, San Francisco Style – Photo by Davity Dave
St-Stupid’s Day, and yes, that is a real day! – Photo by Orin Zebest
How Weird Street Fair – Photo by Stephen Bassman
SF Love Fest – Photo by Jere Keys
Cherry Blossom Festival – Photo by Michael Ocampo
Bring Your Own Big Wheel Race – Photo by Roger Jones
Zombie Mob – Photo by Jere Keys
25. WHICH MAKES BUILDING A GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE COSTUME IN A KITCHEN ON A SATURDAY AFTERNOON SEEM NOTHING UNUSUAL
“OK, we only need to put the fog on it, and we are ready!”
26. AND FINALLY, THIS VIEW
- Seen from Telegrah Hill
27. AND THIS ONE
- Typical SF street, and blue sky
28. AND THIS OTHER ONE
The City seen from Marin Headlands
29. OK, JUST ANOTHER ONE
Beautiful Duboce Park, near Haight Ashbury and The Castro
WE LOVE YOU SAN FRANCISCO!
Otherwise noted, all photos by Marjorie Boucher